Do I even need to tell you what this post is about or is the title descriptive enough? UGH!
I am knee-deep in the throes of the move…hopefully my last for a very long time. I know I shouldn’t complain. Afterall, I’m marrying the most wonderful man in the world in less than four weeks and if moving is the downside necessary at this point, I’ll happily move. Well, not happily really.
My girls and I have lived in our beat up, yet charming brick townhouse for several years now. This home has suited us well. We have a bedroom for each person, ample storage, plenty of parking and very good outside maintenance. The snow never stayed on our sidewalks and steps for very long. Oh! The best part of this townhouse is that it’s literally a 1 to 2 minute walk down the sidewalk from the high school. Talk about convenient! However, there were still times of bitter cold, rain or snow where I ended up driving them anyway. I guess we’re not the outdoorsy types. haha
It’s time to say goodbye though. I’m ready for it. Life is changing and the timing feels right. The stinky part is the realization that we’re a family of pack rats. I’d prefer to call us sentimental, but the pack rat description seems appropriate right now.
It’s been a process. The furniture has been leaving in clumps with the Salvation Army doing their pickup last week and my brother-in-law picking up his pieces yesterday. Both of these donations are to Hurricane Sandy victims. My poor brother-in-law was living in a lower level apartment in NYC which flooded almost to the ceiling. Horrible! I’m so happy that he could take some furniture to help ease the pain of what happened.
The rest of the process is what’s left. I’d say that it’s a 70/30 split with 70% needing to be bagged up for donations to go to the recycle center in my town and the other 30% being a combo of garbage and stuff for storage. I’ve made a plan to do a little each night this week and to hopefully finish by this Saturday. Let’s hope I stick to it.
How do you feel when you’re moving? Is it a combination of sadness, excitement and a bit of annoyance, like what I’m feeling?