Are you looking for something light to throw together to go along with that beautiful piece of fish, or soup that you just made? Well, look no further people. This salad came together from things that I had in my fridge and I’ve made it twice since then.
It’s light, simple, quick and oh so tasty. My husband absolutely loved it and I foresee it being a summer staple to go along with our backyard grilled food. This is probably also my favorite way that I’ve used fennel.
Start off by thinly slicing your whole fennel bulb and 3 pieces of celery. Then throw in a handful of chopped dill with some lemon zest.
Now add salt and pepper…..
the juice of half of a lemon…..
the juice of half of an orange…..
a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil….
throw on some baby greens…..
and toss! Including the slicing, this took about 10 minutes. Seriously. Not kidding!
Beautiful. Give it a go and let me know your favorite way to prepare fennel.
Here’s the printable.
- 1 fennel bulb, thinly sliced
- 3 celery stalks, thinly sliced
- 1 handful fresh dill, chopped (as much as you want to taste)
- zest of ½ lemon
- juice of ½ lemon
- juice of ½ orange
- drizzle of extra virgin olive oil (about 1 to 2 Tbsp.)
- large handful of baby greens (or your favorite lettuce)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Gently toss all of the ingredients together and serve.