I’m sure that you see lots of recipes that use the word “easy” in the title or description. Am I right? Blasphemy I say! Okay…okay…I know I’m being dramatic, but in my experience, I have often been left wondering if the “easy” rating was a cruel joke and the recipe author is somewhere cracking up in one of those evil, villainous laughs. Well, it’s either that or then I guess I’m the problem. Could that be? Nah…well, maybe.
I promise you that this recipe deserves the “easy” in the title. In fact, I read through this recipe and specifically picked it because it truly only has 3 ingredients. No…it really only has 2 ingredients because that third ingredient is just the decoration for the top. I’m tellin ya, if I had messed up this one, I may have thrown in the towel on cooking entirely. I’d never made fudge before and really really wanted to make it this year. Luckily, it was as easy as the recipe seemed and was delicious when done. I gave some to my family, my co-workers and then packaged up portions in pretty little holiday take-out boxes and distributed those to the neighbors as well.
These are the take-out containers that I found here at Michaels Crafts. I LOVE MICHAELS! I realize that this little tidbit of information is coming to you after the holiday so just tuck it away for next year. The ones that I purchased had red and green with snowflakes and I put the fudge into plastic bags that had peppermint stripes on them.
Needless to say, this recipe will go into the family binder of tried and true recipes. Try changing the peppermint dust to be a different decor. Let me know how that goes. I’m thinking that maybe a caramel glaze on top or even just sprinkles in the color of whatever holiday you want. Endless possibilities my friends!
Recipe from The Pioneer Woman. Thanks Ree!
- 6 cups of semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 cans of sweetened condensed milk (14 oz. size)
- 5 or 6 candy canes (smashed into small pieces and dust)
- Line a 9" by 13" pan with aluminum foil, smoothed out and sprayed with nonstick spray.
- Place the chocolate chips and the sweetened condensed milk into a large glass bowl.
- Put the bowl on top of a pan with about 2 inches of bowling water in it.
- Stir the mixture until smooth.
- Once smooth, immediately poor into the 9" by 13" pan and evenly distribute while smoothing out the top with a spatula.
- Pour the peppermint pieces and dust onto the top and gently press in with your fingers so that it sticks.
- Let your fudge chill in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours or even overnight. Enjoy!